The – designed to meet highest quality standards
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Profiled blade design to optimize efficiency
- 2- and 3-blade version available for shaft and saildrive
- For modern serial yachts up to 75 hp
- Good alternative to folding propellers
Award for successful engineering performance:
SPW GmbH receives the renowned DNV-GL certificate for rotary wing propellers again in 2021
The inspection of the VARIPROFILE and VARIPROP models was carried out according to strict guidelines. At the present time, SPW GmbH is the only manufacturer of rotary wing propellers worldwide with this seal of quality.
The new VARIPROFILE is the perfect feathering propeller for boats and yachts with engines up to 75 hp. Thanks to innovative production methods and construction we are able to offer the VARIPROFILE at a price that is second to none, while still conforming to our highest quality standards.
- Lern more about the unique features of the VARIPROFILE series
- Or get more information about the specific characteristics of the VARIPROFILE types in detail
Mounting a VARIPROFILE under your boat does not require an engineer. Pitches are pre-set at the factory to the theoretical optimum and easily understood installation instructions are provided.
Boats using the VARIPROFILE
Basic features of most feathering propellers
When the engine is switched off, the blades automatically turn into sail position due to the water flow.
Lowest flow resistance and depending on wind conditions 15 % to 20 % higher speed. No propeller turbulence and considerably improved rudder action.
When switching to reverse, a slight rotation of the shaft causes the leading edge of the blades to rotate 180°.
Efficiency (thrust) in reverse as in forward, 30% to 40% higher than all fixed pitch propellers. Improved stopping performance. However, this also increases the wheel effect, except when the pitch is set separately Reverse for better control during docking.
How the Variprofile 2-blade operates:
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Hi-Tec blades with GAWN profile to optimize thrust and efficiency while running much more quietly than others
- Exceptional sailing characteristics through slim shape, light weight blades.
- Separate external pitch adjustments
- Robust construction with enclosed helical gearing for long life
- Interchangeable hub
- Easy mounting for the average sailor
- Available in 2-blade and 3-blade version up to 75 hp
- Made out of Hi-Tensile NiBrAl-Bronze (Ice-Class)
- CNC machined for highest precision
- Certified by Germanischer Lloyd
Separate external pitch adjustment:
The external pitch adjustment is separate for forward and reverse. It allows easy, fast and precise, continously variable pitch adjustments to your specific needs. No large and imprecise minimum steps as with others.
Less fuel consumption
The VARIPROFILE, with optimal pitch adjustment, not only provides more thrust in forward and reverse than other propellers, but amazingly also uses less fuel doing so. Yanmar-France tested the fuel consumption of a 3-blade VARIPROFILE with a 3-blade ZF standard fixed prop, both on the same Jeanneau SUN ODYSSEY 30i.
The astounding results: Average fuel consumption with the fixed prop was 0.48 liters p. nautical mile vs. O.32 liters with the VARIPROFILE, a reduction of 33 %. YET THE SPEED AT THE SAME RPM WAS AN AVERAGE 7% HIGHER, yielding the best of both worlds: Higher speed and substantially less fuel consumption.
Thanks to the slim profile of the VARIPROFILE hydro-dynamics under sail are excellent.
How well the VARIPROFILE fared is impressively shown in the tests.