„Shaft Lok“ Shaft Brake
Have you ever...
- ...tried to stop your propeller rotating while sailing?
- ...tried to manoeuvre your propeller shaft into the right position manually, in order to obtain maximum idleness and greatest possible craft speed?
- ...realised that if the propeller is permanently rotating in the feathered position, it could damage your gearing?
- ...had to lock your propeller in a regatta in order to fulfil regatta regulations? We ask this because most regatta regulations do have such a clause!
The Shaftlok shaft brake...
- ...brings the propeller into an idle and efficient feathered position.
- ...is engaged by a simple control from the cockpit.
- ...locks the fixed-pitch propeller in this position up to a speed of 15 knots.
- ...disengages AUTOMATICALLY as soon as the engine is started AND is shifted into gear.
The Shaftlok shaft brake can be used in almost all crafts:
- from 15" propellers upwards
- petrol or diesel engines
- mechanical or hydraulic transmissions
- with feathering, folding or fixed-pitch propellers
- with any shaft diameter